Have I mentioned I joined Weight Watchers? Just in case you didn’t get that! We had a joke in uni where a friend had spent a while in Geneva during her year out from uni, and the joke was really silly but any time she mentioned Geneva we pretended we didn’t know she had been there. Ah I miss the simplicity of first year university…
Anyway, before I get too distracted, the real reason I mention Weight Watchers is because it helped me find this delicious recipe! I made it on Thursday, had a 2nd portion last night, and have 2 more portions lying in the freezer for when I get back from Paris. As with any of my recipes, I fiddled around with the original recipe, and you are more than welcome to do what I’ve done and change up the different vegetables in it!
The following ingredients etc make enough food for 4 portions, and, for anyone counting points, will cost you a grand total of 8 smartpoints per portion (roughly). If you’re like me with a daily allowance of 45 smartpoints then you’re in luck!
- 260g pasta
- 5 sprays low calorie cooking spray
- 2 small onions (white or red), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 350g quorn chunks
- 100g philadelphia light (or other low fat soft cheese)
- mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg <– I changed this to a sprinkling of ground cinnamon and it was good!
- Fresh basil for serving
- Black pepper to taste
- Chop up all your vegetables and the garlic. This is the slowest part of the meal! While you’re chopping, heat some water in a pot.
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Personally, I let the water come to the boil, add the pasta, let it come to the boil again, then lower the temperature a bit and cook for 14 minutes.
- Spray your cooking spray into a frying pan, and fry the onion, garlic, and red pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your quorn chunks to the frying pan, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Leave this to stay warm until the pasta is finished cooking.
- Drain your pasta and return it to the pot when it is finished cooking.
- Combine the pasta with the other foods, and mix in the cream cheese, herbs, and nutmeg.
- Serve, and sprinkle some fresh basil leaves over the top before seasoning to taste.
And there you have it! Now, if I can make this while drinking a beer and skyping Jordanne, all in less than half an hour, it’s certainly quick and easy for coming in from work!
As always, let me know if you make this! If you make any changes, add them in the comments below, and let’s get chatting about all the different ways to make this tasty dinner!