Hello lovely friends! Another week has come to a close and once again I find myself on WordPress to keep you all informed on the exciting ins and outs of my life. All I can say is TFI Friday!
This week I decided to rearrange my bedroom and so I can now actually do more than one thing at a time in my room if I wanted to. We continued to learn new steps to new dances in Irish Dancing and for the first time ever I didn’t have sore legs come Wednesday morning. Wednesday’s presentation went well I feel but we’ll find out about that on Wednesday this week (update – it went reasonably well! At least my video seemed to be a success!).
Related to TFI Friday: I know, I know…
This was followed by the last practical lab of the semester (thank goodness…) and I feel it wasn’t a complete disaster. However I now need to have a presentation prepared for Wednesday afternoon on some telescope I wrote a paper on months ago. Still don’t actually know anything about it. Afterwards, there was a quick dash home to change top and shoes to meet my date for dinner at the taco place at the bottom of the street before we went to GULGBTQ+’s Women’s Week event. It was a great night and resulted in Jason bringing back his current flame – surprise surprise. Although we like this one so this is fine.
Related: Your Closet
Thursday and today have been purely essay writing and getting some work done as we approach the end of the semester – better late than never, right? Except I’ve now been distracted by the thoughts of Rachel’s upcoming 18th birthday. TFI Friday because my brain has turned to mush! When I say upcoming, it’s not until September bus this is a big year for birthdays and so I want to be ahead of the game. I’ve decided to go for the stereotypical present of 18 gifts but I’m stuck on the last few ideas. At least I’ve a while to think them up, however any suggestions would be appreciated! So far the ideas are:
- scrapbook of pictures and memories – I’ll write messages and add all the pictures I can find since she’s always complained her baby book was never filled in.
- Jar of notes for “When you…” – I got this idea from a friend’s valentine’s day present years ago. Rachel did something similar for her boyfriend but it was a Dates Jar with ideas of what to do on dates. So mine will be little notes of encouragement, memories, tips and advice.
- A book of some sort. Whether this is an age specific one or what I have no idea but since she’s living at home for yet another year I don’t really want to get her a survival book. Someone somewhere suggested ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’ so I’m going to look into that!
- her favourite chocolates – after eights or creme eggs
- hangover kit – she can now legally drink! So of course this means she’ll actually experience a hangover now.
- CD with 18 songs on it – songs either that she loves or have some relevance to the two of us.
- some sort of jewellery – my typical present. Not sure what we’re going for this year.
- Alcohol. Another stereotypical present for an 18 year old in the UK.
- ‘Smuggle your booze’ hairbrush – its a hipflask disguised as a hairbrush! What’s not to love?
- Onesie of some sort.
- Places I’ve Been map
- tickets for either a holiday, a concert, rugby membership for the year or something. This will be the main present and so I don’t want to spend a fortune on the rest of the presents but we’ll see how it goes.
This is all I’ve got so far so I’m sure you can tell I need another 5 ideas. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
You can find out exactly what I gifted her by clicking on this link!
Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you get up to! I’ll be sitting thinking up ideas instead of working and wishing certain people weren’t in Edinburgh.