Well that’s been a fun couple of days in London and I’m now curled up in bed getting some more revision done for these exams. Considering I’m the only one in the flat with exams this semester. Well, Jason has tests to do but they don’t count for anything.
London was incredible! And now that we’re on the 12th day of Blogmas, I’ve finished opening my Tanya Burr Beauty Advent Calendar! Would you be interested in a post about what is in it? Let me know below or tweet me! Today’s song on the Christmas Countdown is Driving Home For Christmas. While I’m not heading home for Christmas just yet, this always is on my playlist for travelling home at this time of year.
Now for today’s blogmas post (day 12) I wanted to share my favourite Christmas quotes with you! Last year I wrote these down and put them in my refillable advent calendar with a chocolate each day.
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree” – Roy L. Smith
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling” – Edna Ferber
- “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year” – Charles Dickens
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together” – Alexander Smith
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” – Dale Evans Rogers
- “Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little more!” – Dr Seuss
- “Christmas is not as much about opening out presents as opening out hearts” – Janice Maeditere
- “Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won’t make it ‘white'” – Bill Crosby
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
- “Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.” – Oren Arnold
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.” – Harlan Miller
- “Christmas – that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance – a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.” – Augusta E. Rundel
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles Schulz
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” – Bob Hope
Hopefully some of these have caused you to smile, laugh or just think about the way we all view Christmas.
Hope you all have a lovely day! Do you have any favourites I haven’t included there?
Considering taking part in Blogmas this year? Purchase my ebook – The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Blogmas! [AD] – for everything from content suggestions to planning help, to tips on promoting once you’ve clicked publish!