As 2017 draws to a close, I wanted to take a look back at all the books I read this year! How much reading did you get done this year?
Some of you may remember that around this time last year I set myself a goal of reading 12 books in 2017 because 2016 was abysmal for reading.
Considering taking part in Blogmas this year? Purchase my ebook – The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Blogmas! [AD] – for everything from content suggestions to planning help, to tips on promoting once you’ve clicked publish!
Throughout the year, I gradually started including sponsored posts in the form of book reviews. They really helped up my reading list, and I definitely found some new authors that I’ll be keeping an eye on for future releases!
So overall, 2017 saw me read not 12 books. Not because I failed my goal, but because I well and truly surpassed it! I’m currently reading my 21st book of the year! I have read 20 books! I’m actually amazed I read as many books, and I’m so excited to read even more next year!
Now I know you could take a look at my Book Reviews tab to see my reviews, so today’s post is a simple list of all the books I read this year.
- You Are A Badass: How To Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jan Sincero
- The Twelfth Day of July by Joan Lingard
- The Mirror by Deborah A Stansil
- Where She Went by Gayle Foreman
- Melancholy Mind by Charlene McElhinney
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Letters To Eloise by Emily Williams
- The Devil’s Poetry by Louise Cole
- Bullied For Being Me by Holly Michelle Norton
- After You by Jojo Moyes
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- Lyrebird by Cecelia Ahern
- Victoria by Daisy Goodwin
- By The Sea by Zoe Jackson
- The Mirror Crack’d From Side To Side by Agatha Christie
- Christmas At Woolworths by Elaine Everest
- Home Wrecker by Jennifer Juan
- The Gift of Christmas by Kelly Matthews
- His Guilty Secret by Helene Fermont
There was a 20th book somewhere in the middle of all this, but it would seem I didn’t add it to my GoodReads list, and I didn’t write a review on it either. So having spent the last half hour combing through my posts from during the year, and knowing that the book is lying in the flat in Glasgow, I am glad to say that I had mentioned it in one of my quarterly reflection posts! So the 20th book I read was Happy: 50 Mindfulness and Relaxation Exercises To Boost Your Mood Every Day.
I am currently trying to read a book I got for my birthday, and my To Be Read pile is gradually growing, however I would love some suggestions! So feel free to add them below! Or, if you’re a writer or a publicist and have a book you’d like me to read and review then please do take a look at my Work With Me! page to find out how to contact me!
Have you read any of them? Or are any on your reading list for 2018? Let me know below!