Here we are once again on the first day of December, and welcoming in a new Blogmas season. Are you excited? I sure am! Today is the day we say Hello December, and dust off the old Christmas decorations – yes they go up today no matter what!
Now, for anyone who does not know, Blogmas is a blogging thing that happens (I think) all over the world. For some people, blogmas is posting for the twelve days of Christmas. For others, it’s blogging daily until Christmas Eve, or even Christmas Day. For me? Well, blogmas to me is the time I post every single day of the month until the first day of January. Is it any wonder I started to plan this hello December post back in March?
To allow for blogmas to start properly, I decided to do my monthly look back and goal setting yesterday. So If you missed it, be sure to check it out here -> _______.
Now that we’re into December, you all know (hopefully) that I have 3 family birthdays in the lead up to Christmas, and another not that late in January, so things are normally go go go to make sure all presents are bought in the last few days. Not this year though! This year I have been prepared, and started to buy my presents back as early as August. Does anyone else start early? To be honest, it was Dad’s birthday present. I got it sorted. But I’m on track for Christmas – especially with being in Scotland this year for Christmas!
So while December is busy as ever, here are the few goals I’m setting myself this month. I’m putting them here again just so I can keep an eye on it!
- Blog every day of the month – kind of a must if I want to achieve my 3rd Blogmas in a row!
- Read 1 book.
- Watch a new Christmas film each week.
- Attend a carol service somewhere.
Do you have any goals for December? Or are you just trying to get through the next few weeks without killing someone? Let me know below! Oh, and let me know what you think of the Christmas change-up?
So now that we’re all set up for day 1 of Blogmas, I want to take a quick trip down memory lane. The last few years I’ve had a countdown of some sort on my blogmas posts, and this year will be no different. This year, I’ll be sharing my favourite Christmas songs! They aren’t in any particular order, but I’ve tried to match my song to each day’s post. So today we’re starting with It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas! Please do click the play button, I’m trying to spread as much Christmas Cheer as possible! And what better way to start the season than with this song?
And now that we’ve shared that first Blogmas tradition, let’s get on with the second – my Christmas giveaway!
My Christmas Giveaway!
Now as annual an event as me taking part in blogmas, I am running another Christmas giveaway!
Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, and sitting in the corner of my room is this lovely set of prizes for one lucky winner. As some of you may be aware, Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. Yes, there’s all the food, and the lights, and all the happy music playing while you get drunk (just me?), but my favourite thing about this time of year is that I can give people random presents and no one can say no! I’ve always loved being able to give a little something to the people who matter to me and that is why I have decided to run this giveaway – a chance to say thank you to all you wonderful people who actually take the time to come read my posts, drop little comments, and basically encourage me to keep doing something I love.
“This is cool, what are the prizes?” I hear you ask. Have a little look below!
Terms and Conditions:
1. You must be following my blog and Twitter. These are the only mandatory entry requirements. After this, you can get extra entries by completing the other options such as following me on Instagram etc.
2. Only one person will win this prize.
3. Prize will be sent via tracked or recorded postage.
4. Open to U.K. residents only i.e. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
5. All Entries will be checked to make sure you are still fully complying with the rules.
6. No giveaway accounts. They will be disqualified
7. Winner will be announced 26th December at 7pm GMT. They then have 48 hours to reply to me before another winner will be picked.
8. Items will be posted before January 11th and I will keep in contact with the winner to keep them updated.
9. I am not responsible for any damage to the prizes during delivery.
10. Running from 01/12/2018 to 23/12/2018.
So all that’s left is for me to say good luck! And I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Decorating Day!
Considering taking part in Blogmas this year? Purchase my ebook – The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Blogmas! [AD] – for everything from content suggestions to planning help, to tips on promoting once you’ve clicked publish!