Right I don’t know how it happened but all of a sudden we are only 5 months away from my 23rd birthday, and I am not okay with that. But before I can get all caught up in that, hello! Happy Monday! Anyone else wishing we were back to a week ago when we didn’t have to get up for work? Ah well, it’s only another few weeks until that Monday lie in can happen again.So yes, as I was saying, I have exactly 5 months to the day until my 23rd birthday. If you know me at all, my birthday marks the start of the party/holiday time of year for me. We have my birthday, Rachel’s birthday, Halloween, Granny’s birthday, Mum’s birthday, Christmas, Dad’s birthday, then their anniversary. Then a bit of a break (because I don’t really think about mother’s day or father’s day until about a week before them) for a few months, and then bam it hits again. It’s for that reason, today I am making a list of 23 before I’m 23 – things I want to do, read, watch, achieve, and anything else I can think of before I turn 23.
I’ve seen quite a few of these sorts of posts over the last few years of blogging, and some of you may remember my 22 Books To Read Before I’m 22 post from last year. Although I suppose that was written nearly two years ago now… Anyway, I digress. With age creeping up on me (because yes I feel old) I wanted to share my 23 before I’m 23 with you all today, and hopefully when I’m celebrating my birthday I can look back and tick at least half of them off the list! Shall we continue?
Right. Without any further discussion, here’s my list of 23 Before I’m 23. Hopefully they’re self explanatory! We’ll start with the easy ones…
- Reach my goal weight. I know exactly what it is, and I am currently 23.3lbs away from this. To be honest, 5lbs a month should definitely be achievable.
- Read Far From The Madding Crowd. I asked for it for my 22nd birthday and I am not going to turn 23 without reading it.
- Take a trip to Glasgow and catch up with my friends.
- Get rid of all the old clothes in my wardrobe that are either too big, too old, or I plain just don’t wear anymore.
- Burn through half of my candle drawer without buying anymore. Including all my tealights, I currently have just under 150 candles. And that’s not including my wax melts. Note: when originally writing this post, I wrote that as max welts whoops…
- Watch the Marvel films in the chronological order of the universe they’re set in. I don’t know why, but I do want to do this.
- Meet up with some NI/Belfast Bloggers
- Get to the top of Slieve Donard. It sounds daft, but I kind of feel I should accomplish this at least once in my life.
- Reach 600 blog followers, 9150 Twitter followers, and 925 Instagram followers. If I can achieve this then I’ll be well on my way to my 2018 goals!
- Clear out my makeup and nail polishes!
- Learn 4 songs on the guitar.
- Teach myself basic Spanish.
- Spend a month wearing contact lenses.
- Find a hair style or colour or whatever that I am genuinely happy with.
- Clear down my phone from all the apps I never use.
- Buy and fill a photo album with memories from the last few years. Technology doesn’t last forever!
- Have a cleanse of my Facebook friends and liked pages.
- Unsubscribe from all the emailing lists I am no longer interested in.
- See a(nother) musical on stage.
- See the Northern Lights here in Northern Ireland
- Watch a silent film
- Complete an online/distance learning course in something I’m interested it.
- Write that short story I’ve been thinking about for as long as I can remember.
So there we have it! As I said above, I want to achieve at least half of the 23 before I’m 23, but who knows. Maybe I can achieve all of them! What’s on your list to see or do before your next birthday? Let me know below!