Once again, I find myself blogging during the early hours of the morning. Ah well, it’s not like I’ve got anything to get up for tomorrow!
I was lying here when it dawned on me that it’s been a long time since I opened up to you all about me and so I decided to share a few facts about me that you may or may not know. So buckle up and settle back, because here are a few facts about boring little me!
- For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a teacher. Some of you may now be wondering why on earth I’m doing a Physics degree if I would rather be in teaching and the simple answer is I messed up. Unknowingly, I dropped first English language and English literature after my GCSEs (exams sat at the age of 15-16). I continued to AS levels with Chemistry, History, Maths and Physics but had to drop History after a year since I failed it due to bad teaching and a lack of interest in the topics on my part. And so I wasn’t doing an essay subject so couldn’t apply for a degree in education straight away. Not long now!
- I have an annoying habit of becoming obsessed with things very quickly. Whether it’s a tv show or a book, I will fall under its spell and take forever to move on. See today’s post on Grey’s Anatomy for example.
- My all time favourite animal would be either a turtle or a penguin. This is why it was beyond anything I could imagine when I finally got to see the penguin parade at Edinburgh Zoo!
- I played with Bratz dolls until I was 13. I used to claim it was because my sister made me, but really I just enjoyed creating a world to which I could escape the restrictions and problems of living at home with my parents. I would’ve continued for longer if Rachel hadn’t lost her temper with me eventually and told me to grow up…
- I miss my disfunctional family. We mightn’t get along, and there may be a lot wrong with us in general, but I do miss them. Until I’ve been home 48 hours. Then I want to run again.
- My flatmates mean more to me than I let on to them. They’re my real family, the ones I choose to spend time with. We go through phases of annoying the hell out of each other but then who doesn’t? These 3 are life savers, don’t know where I’d be without them.
- I’m still annoyed at a friend of mine from when I was 7 for borrowing my VHS of The Emperor’s New Groove and losing it. She will never be fully forgiven. I feel bad admitting this to be honest.
- My favourite book is one from my childhood – Mermaid Magic by Gwyneth Rees. I know it’s a kids book but I would read this every day if I could. Mum and Dad donated it to the charity shop without me knowing a few years back. If it wasn’t for the fact it is now bringing some other child happiness, I would resent them more for it. The blurb is: Down in the watery blue depths of the ocean is Tingle Reef – home to young mermaid Rani and a whole host of fishy friends! It’s an underwater world of magic and mystery – where Rani’s adventures are about to begin… Rani has always known that she’s different from the rest of her family. Her flowing red hair and glowing amber eyes stand out from the other mermaids, who have golden hair and eyes like the sea. But Rani’s about to find out that she’s more different than she realised – she’s got magic powers!
- I own over 100 soft toys, not including the ones I have here in Glasgow. Plus I plan on buying at least one in Disneyland Paris next week.
- Finally, this blog has kept me sane, as have you. By following me and reading my posts, you have given me courage and self esteem that I never had growing up with my parents and friends. You are the reason I have the courage to speak my mind so freely now. Thank you.