And so we begin another Wednesday! Anyone else glad the weather is meant to pick up again over the next few days? I mean, I resented the sun and heat because it meant I couldn’t sit and watch TV all day, but I do miss it when it goes. But enough of the rambling, today we’re here because I’ve been nominated to take part in The Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award Tag!
So the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award is another one of those blogger tags I take great delight in taking part in! Although I do somewhat find it a misnomer – yeah it’s great to be nominated to take part, but it’s not exactly what you would call an award… but that’s my views on them. I love getting tagged though so settle in and let’s get started!
1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
2. Make a post of the award (with a photo of the logo).
3. Post the rules
4. Answer the questions asked by the person who tagged you.
5. Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
6. Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
Well first thing’s first – thank you to Lisa from Mind and Body Intertwined for tagging me to take part in this tag! You can read Lisa’s post here, and make sure you stay around and read some of her other posts.
And I suppose we’re already following rule 2 so yay that’s ticked off! Onto rule 3… oh wait, nope done that too!
My Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award Answers
- What’s your favourite way to pass the time?
At the minute, it’s either blogging, reading, or playing guitar! With being furloughed I have so much more time for each of these. But when I’m at work I spend most of my free time practising guitar for my lessons… I wonder if they’ll start up again soon?
- What’s your favourite social media platform?
Definitely Twitter. I seem to spend most of my life on there to be honest! If you’re on, why not come say hi?
- At what age did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up?
Pass? Well, I always wanted to be a teacher, but I think I may have missed the boat on this one. SO if you were to ask me now what I want to do for a career, I honestly couldn’t tell you. I love the concept of blogging full time, but I just know I wouldn’t do it.
- What’s a quirky thing you do sometimes?
I don’t really know… does anyone really know their quirks? I mean, I talk to myself quite a lot if that counts?
- What made you start your blog?
A lack of friends and a lack of space to just be me. Plus I was heading off to university and wanted somewhere to share my thoughts and experiences. Six years later and we’re going strong!
- Who gives you the best advice in life?
Honestly? Probably the people I know and talk to on Twitter… but I think that’s because a lot of the time I don’t talk to family about the things I need advice on.
- What’s your favourite film genre?
Definitely romcom, Disney (yes Disney is a genre), or Christmas films. When feeling crappy it’s always one of these choices that I put on. Even better if it’s a Christmas romcom that Disney have been involved in creating! The cheesier the better.
- What is essential in a great blog from your point of view?
Honesty and openness. I don’t know if you get that from my posts, but I love reading from a genuine person. Don’t write as if you’re writing to speak to hundreds of people – write as if you’re writing to that one person sitting reading at that moment. Be honest and open in your posts and, in my opinion, you’ll go a long way.
- What’s your favourite way to relax?
Bath, music, and an early night. Or taking a long drive with music blasting that loud you can’t hear your appalling singing over it! But as I was saying, I’m learning guitar at the minute, so until recently I had been taking it to work most days in order to play at lunch time and just relax by losing myself in what I was trying to achieve.
- What’s your greatest passion?
Oh wow I’m not sure… I mean, I’m passionate about a lot of things, but now you’ve asked I’m not able to think of a single one! I’d have to say probably music, purely because it gives me such a different outlook on life depending on whatever situation I’m in. Feeling sad? There’s a song to help you wallow or a song to lift you up. Feeling angry? Get that playlist thumping and you’ll either work out your anger or calm down.
Or reading! I honestly believe that without reading we would be nothing. How else do we transport ourselves out of lives and into those of others? Or learn more about the world we live in? If I ever have kids, I want to get them interested in reading as early as possible – being able to read and learn and understand, never mind the skill of being able to sit and reflect in this way, is a major thing missing from society recently, and I’ve been so grateful to have the time and opportunity to read more during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Vincent Ehindero Award Tag – My Questions
- What is one thing you wish you had known about blogging before you started?
- If you could travel in time to any era, which would you pick and why?
- You can have any animal in the world as a pet (fully financed for you for the rest of your life) – which would you have?
- Do you collect things? Like notebooks, magnets, spoons, egg cups etc? When did you start?
- Who would you say you most aspire to be like?
- Where in the world would you travel to right now if you could get on board a plane or boat without having to isolate or worry about your health?
- Thirty years from now, what would you most like to be remembered for?
- You can only watch one film for the rest of your life – which film are you picking and why?
- What book from your childhood will you always remember?
- Where were you when you first decided to start your blog?
My Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award Nominees
Come back again soon for another new post, and until then why not have a read through some oldies but goodies? Speak again soon!