Hello! Today I decided to make a dinner for the whole flat, so once again I was experimenting with gluten free cooking! After an early start to wish my darling sister a happy birthday, I got ready to start cooking.
With one flatmate needing gluten free food and another refusing to eat anything with tomatoes near it (out goes any lasagne, chilli, tomato soups…) I had to combine a few recipes. Here’s what I did, I think it will serve 6-8 portions:
- 500g chopped chicken breasts
- 4 rashers bacon chopped
- 285g pasta (gluten free in my case but use whatever)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 150g mushrooms chopped
- 250g chopped tomatoes (shh don’t tell Jason)
- 100g grated cheese
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp plain flour (again gluten free)
- 200ml milk
- 250g asparagus chopped
- Handful ofmangetout cut in half.
- Basil for on top when serving
- Cook your pasta as instructed on the packaging and drain.
- While that’s cooking, brown the chicken in a pan then add the bacon.
- Once the bacon is browned, add the onion and garlic.
- When the onion is see through, add the rest of the vegetables and cook until soft.
- In a separate pot, melt the butter with the flour and mix.
- On a medium heat, add the milk and whisk until thick and smooth then remove from the heat.
- Add around two thirds of the cheese to the milk mix, and stir well.
- Pour everything together into a large bowl and add the chopped tomatoes at this point.
- Mix together well and pour into an oven dish before sprinkling with the remaining cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 200 degrees Celcius for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with some black pepper and basil
Fingers crossed they all like it!