And once again we find ourselves looking at a Wednesday morning. Only 3 more hours until we’re officially half way through the working week! The more I think about it, the more I’m ready for the weekend again. With another night out again tonight (and many advance apologies to my snapchat friends) I’m not looking forward to tomorrow morning.
Anyway, enough about today, and on to today’s post! Anyone who read all of last week’s posts – and if you didn’t, why not? – will know that last week I guest posted on Jade’s blog over at simpleyjadey.co.uk with the topic of My Anti-Bucket list, a list of things I hope not to do in my lifetime. So today, a week later, I thought I would share my bucket list with you! Sounds interesting, right?
- Become a teacher. It’s all I’ve wanted to do for as long as I can remember and it’s so close but yet so far!
- Go to a Christmas Market on the continent. I don’t overly mind which one, but I’ve heard the Christmas Markets on the mainland of Europe are fantastic and so, being obsessed with the festive season, I really want to go!
- Have a holiday home in Ibiza. Yes, my love of Ibiza has spread even to here. When asked why I love it so much, I still can’t give an exact answer. But surely that’s a good thing? If you’ve never been, I definitely recommend Santa Eulalia. Just saying.
- Visit Florida. Not really sure why this one either but it seems like a nice place to go!
- Go ice skating in New York. Yes, I’ve been to the Big Apple, but I didn’t get to go ice skating. I did, however, go shopping on 5th Avenue but that wasn’t ever on the bucket list.
- See Ed Sheeran in concert. I was heartbroken that I couldn’t get tickets for him in Glasgow but was able to get Rachel and a friend tickets for in Belfast while I was stuck in lectures in Glasgow.
- Go to Disneyland in America. Having been to the Parisian one, I’m now set on going in the states.
- Visit the Harry Potter studios. What Potter fan our age doesn’t want to go??
- Go to South Africa to see the penguins. When I told my sister this she looked at me in disbelief but yes there are times of the year when penguins are at the southern-most tip of South Africa!
- Visit London’s Winter Wonderland. It sounds magical and it’s Christmassy so who wouldn’t want to go?
- Get my tattoo. Have you not heard about my tattoo? The one I want is a turtle but I’ll have to show you it.
What would be on your list?
Good evening! That’s been a long day. I’m currently trying to make my way through an apparent list of “must see” films, listed by friends in uni. We used a Sunday night during the year to watch one a week so I thought I’d better try and continue now over the summer.
Anyway, tonight’s was Dude, Where’s My Car and to be honest I’m not 100% sure why they thought I’d like it… IMDB gives the plot summary as “Jesse and Chester, two bumbling stoners, wake up one morning from a night of partying and cannot remember where they parked their car which prompts them on a journey to find it and along the way, they encounter a variety of people who include their angry girlfriends Wilma and Wanda whose house they trashed, an angry street gang, a transexual stripper hounding them for a suitcase full of stolen money, a cult of alien seeking fanatics, and a group of aliens in human form looking for a mystical device that could save or destroy the world.” Now to be honest, if you’re in the mood for a film that’s light and quite funny then sure go for it! The first half hour sort of was too long to set the scene but once it got to the Twins’ house it was more tolerable. Chloe from 24 even appears! Although when she showed up it made me wonder should I have watched 24 instead considering what point I am at in season 6… But that’s for another post sorry for rambling. Back to the review. There are a few faces you might recognise – Ashton Kutcher and Bob Clendenin to name two! Basically, as an overview, the film was okay to kill time. Would I have spent money on it? No. But it was definitely worth crossing off the list even if just to say I’ve experienced it as a film.
Now I am away to read the fourth book in the Housewife Assassin series. They’re brilliant! Definitely would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a light read.
Well the decision is made, I’m definitely getting a turtle tattoo. But which one? Let me know in the comments please! Also, possibly back of shoulder or inside ankle – thoughts?
Finally thought before sleep – I need a goal for tomorrow. Thinking away from revision and the usual goals of a healthier lifestyle, my goal for tomorrow is to find something new to do or learn as a hobby over the next year. Wish me luck and as ever, thank you for reading tonight!
Good evening one and all! I write to you now from my own bed in my big bedroom with soft carpet under my feet. And yet why am I not happy?
After 16 days of my granny’s company we settled down tonight to catch up on coronation street in silence. Fish and chips for dinner, a brief nap in the middle of the afternoon, and we’re able to drink water straight from the tap. So why does it feel like something’s missing?
One possible reason – Baron. My delightful cocker spaniel is not yet home. Tomorrow morning, Dad and I will go pick him up so I’m excited for that.
Another option is I’m starting my diet in the morning. I know, I know. I said the exact same this time last year but this time I have you guys to back me up, right? By my 21st birthday (14 months away) I want to be happy when I look at myself in a mirror. Right now I’m not so sure I can say that I am. However breakfast won’t be a problem. We have the choice of porridge, porridge, dry toast or porridge. Considering I don’t like milk there may be a slight bias in my decisions.
Now I know what a lot of people will say – it’s not about what you’re eating, you need to exercise too. Which is very true! So I’m currently looking online for basic weight loss and/or toning exercise routines that I can do privately in my bedroom without being asked questions. Have any of you any suggestions or tips?
To finish off, all I will say is last night was a sob fest. I survived until one couple we met last year and spent time with again this year headed to bed. They got a little upset at saying goodbye which started me and of course I didn’t stop until I went to bed. José and Alvaro, I know you’ll never read this but I miss you both already and would happily drop everything to come back to you. Even if the family can’t go back, I’m going to ask and see if even one person from uni might come with me… Either that or I’ll happily go alone!!
So good night to you all. As usual, thank you so so much for reading and for keeping me motivated in my ramblings. Even if you don’t like them all, even just seeing that one person has liked my post or blog makes me feel like maybe someone out there cares. Take care and sweet dreams
Ps. I think I’ve decided on a turtle tattoo but not sure where. The explanation shall come in the morning!