And here we are, the last day of the month. Is it just me or did July last longer than normal? Might have something to do with being back at home with the family.
Tomorrow I’ll lay out my new goals for the month, but if you want a quick read of July’s goals before I discuss whether or not I successfully achieved them, read them here! Should start a little competition each month, see how many of you correctly guess how successful I was.
July has been busy. From the start, we’ve had Rachel’s trip to Romania, I went to Kesh, a lot of barbeques and packing, a drive up to Portrush on the north coast, our holiday to Ibiza, and now I’m in Glasgow!
What have you been up to this month?
Good evening and welcome to anyone new joining us tonight!
The first day of August is over, it’s scary how time flies. Who knows what this month will bring? In the last month I read at least 6 books and so this month I hope to be even half as successful. With the new month comes new goals and as I lie in bed tonight I’m thinking back over the last month.
July was good. I had a fantastic holiday in the lovely Sol Beach House Ibiza, I lost almost a stone in weight (which was surprising given the alcohol consumption on the holiday), I was back in work in the shop and I got a decent amount of revision done. However, I still need to lose more weight, my room needs organised and Baron could do with a few more walks. But there’s nothing I would change about what I’ve done recently. The number of times I’ve thought to myself “If I could go back to Glasgow now then I would” and while this is true, a large part of me is aware that this is not an option financially. And so with this in mind, my goals for the month are as follows
- Get a job back in Glasgow. This will not only help in the short term but if we decide to book a holiday for next year I want to be in the position to pay for it without sacrificing other things.
- Lose at least half a stone. I’m past setting a definite goal of weight loss as there are two ways it can go. On the one hand, I can reach the goal – great! But then I decide that as I’ve achieved my goal, I can forget it and go back to the way I was before. Or I can fail to reach the goal and be so disappointed in myself that I give up entirely. As neither of those work for me, it is time I just set a realistic goal. By cutting down on snacks and unnecessary treats, and doing a little more exercise this goal should be easily achieved. And Baron will enjoy his role in it – did someone say walkies?
- Read another 3 books. This is simply for pleasure and a way to relax at the end of the day. Doesn’t matter what they are, as long as I can read them then it’s worth it!
- Tidy and organise things for moving back. I know it’s a month away but this month is going to go so quickly.
- Finally, it would be great to pass this resit.
With these goals in mind, I should probably go to sleep. We had a family walk around Tollymore Forest Park today so everyone is tired out. Apparently there are some parts of Game of Thrones filmed there? Anyway, thanks for reading!