Hello everyone! How have you been? Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Was Santa good to you all?
Unfortunately we’ve finished the Christmas Song Countdown! Will you miss them? Continue reading “My Christmas Day”
The big day is finally here! I have now been up for 2 hours already and am so excited to get through the rest of the day. Anyone who’s been lucky enough to get an advent calendar that gives you a chocolate, or whatever type of advent you’ve been getting, today – I am very jealous. Today is the last in our song countdown and well done to any of you who managed to correctly guess what the UK voted as our favourite Christmas song of all time.
Continue reading “The Big Day”
Every year. Every year Dad manages to leave buying something until Christmas Eve and so there’s a mission task sent out to Rachel and me for the day. As if it isn’t hard enough trying to get everything else sorted, staying calm enough to attempt shopping on the one day shops should be empty is not one of my skill sets.
Continue reading “Last minute shopping”
Hello again everyone! With only 3 more sleeps until the big day, I have to ask you – should I continue daily blogging into the new year, or should I stop on Sunday? Let me know!
Continue reading “My Christmas Card Swap”
Okay okay okay, we are officially nearing the end of blogmas 2016, and yet here I find myself considering continuing through until the end of the month. Am I wise??
Continue reading “Flashback!”
The days are passing quicker and quicker. I swear there aren’t 24 hours in every single day. At least, they aren’t being overly helpful – so much to do, so little time!
Continue reading “This Time Next Year Tag”
EEEEK!!! We’re into the last few days and I am beginning to really stress! Today, I’m going into town in the hope of seeing something somewhere to buy for Rachel’s final part of her Christmas present. Mum’s officially off for Christmas, and I think she had a good day on Saturday celebrating her birthday. Don’t think my liver will recover on time for this weekend though!
For once, I’m actually getting to listen to Christmas music on the TV while writing this post. It’s quite rare that I can have a TV show on while blogging, so the novelty is making me feel even more festive! While today’s post is all about my Christmas Playlists, we can’t have a blogmas post without the Christmas Song Countdown – have you been enjoying it?
I’ve found as the years go on I enjoy this song more. Can’t really explain why for years I didn’t like it, but it is slowly growing on me. I’m one of those people who stereo-typically likes sad, slow songs – unless it’s Christmas. Then it’s a case of the livelier the better!
So for today’s Christmas Playlist, I have included a list to my Spotify Christmas Playlist for you to listen to if you’d like, but also here are my must-have songs for a Christmas Playlist. Only another week of it being socially acceptable to listen to them!
My Spotify Playlist – https://open.spotify.com/user/1173089764/playlist/1DcTiCc5l3suS9Meb6fFwk
- The Fairytale Of New York – The Pogues
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid (the original one of course)
- Last Christmas – Wham! (Or Wham UK for any of our American friends)
- Happy Christmas (War Is Over) – John & Yoko
- Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
- Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin’ Stevens
- Driving Home For Christmas – Chris Rea
- Rockin Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Step Into Christmas – Elton John
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Michael Bublé
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Dean Martin
- Stop The Calvary- Jona Lewie
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) – The Nat King Cole Trio
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time of Year – Andy Williams
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Frank Sinatra
- A Winter’s Tale – David Essex
- Cold December Night – Michael Bublé
- Mary’s Boy Child – Boney M
- Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley
- Winter Wonderland – Perry Como
What’s on your must-have Christmas song list?
Those last few Christmas presents still to get, but no idea what to buy? I think we all have these types of people! It becomes harder and harder to think as time comes flashing forward, and I’ve just been told I can’t give Rachel pjs as she’s already getting 4 pairs! But before I share my ideas with you for last minute presents, what’s today’s song?
Continue reading “Those Last Few”
Well, this weekend is definitely a busy one! And there’s only a week left until the Christmas Eve craziness! At this stage, today’s song is one of the few things lifting my head from the chaos of getting ready for the big day.
Continue reading “Reading At Christmas”
Does it scare you that we’re currently 9 sleeps away from Christmas Day? I’m so excited and yet scared at the same time! What am I meant to do with myself when Christmas is over? I never think about that until it’s too late. Almost makes me lose my Christmas spirit before we’ve even reached the top of it.
Continue reading “Family Decorations”