Hi there! I would say “happy new post day” but I’m just not feeling that if you get me. Not that the world’s ending, but even after my mini rant to 2021 last week thing’s haven’t improved that much. Well, I suppose some things did, but others didn’t. However, I’m not going to sit here and whine at you. Instead, I’ve been nominated to take part in the Sunshine Blogger Award Tag again!
I’ve actually been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Tag by both Rebecca Louise and Liz, and was delighted to have the opportunity to combine the two nominations together into this post. Actually, some of you may remember back in 2018 when I was first nominated to take part in this blogger tag! Let’s dive in, shall we?
The Sunshine Blogger Award Tag
The Sunshine Blogger Award Tag is a fun tag for bloggers, commonly a misnomer with the word “award” in there but it’s still really appreciated to be noticed and tagged in them! The tag allows us bloggers to nominate other bloggers, and allows you, the reader, to get to know the person behind the blog even better. Yup, as if my ramblings don’t give you enough insight into me! Here I am with more!
Sunshine Blogger Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 people and ask them 11 questions
- Notify the nominees
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award image in your post
Okay so I think we can agree I’ve listed the rules, so that’s Rule 5 completed! And I would like to say a big thank you to Rebecca Louise and Liz for their nominations. Also, I’d like to apologise for taking so long to post this post! Since I’ll be combining the posts, I will answer all 22 questions… but only nominating 11 people! Are you one of them? Keep reading to find out!
Rebecca Louise’s Questions
- What’s the first thing you’re planning to do once the world is back to normal?
Oh this is actually an easy one! In an ideal world where I have loads of money I would visit every single one of my favourite restaurants in Northern Ireland, then jump on a plane to Scotland to see friends and family, before travelling down to England to meet Kayleigh. What am I more likely to do? Go out for a family meal, and sit and moan about how busy the place is!
- What are you most looking forward to at Christmas?
I feel like I should’ve been answering this question in November when I was tagged… and at that point I was most looking forward to seeing my sister! But then restrictions came back and she couldn’t come home, so it didn’t happen. But for Christmas 2021 I am most looking forward to another fabulous homemade Christmas pudding!
- If you could go back in time to one day in your life, what day would it be and why?
I don’t know? If it was to try and fix something I did, or do something differently, it would probably be the day I accepted a job working for a bank in Scotland… it didn’t go so well. I’d go back to that day and tell myself to say no. Alternatively, if I was going back in time to relive a certain day, I would probably go for one of the days I spent in Disneyland Paris with Nuala, Mary and Jason. I loved the rides of the first day, but the second day was the one we saw the fireworks at the end… so one of them!
- What are your 2021 goals?
Too many to outright list in here! But the main one is to focus on me. While the world seems to be falling apart, the one thing that stays constant is yourself. So I’m taking 2021 and making it the year of me. Which you can read all about in my January 2021 post!
- Do you prefer cats or dogs and why?
Right. So. I have always been a major dog lover. They play, they’re cute, and honestly I don’t think you can get a better best friend than Baron was. But then we have Maisey. Our cute little cat who adopted us 5 years ago now by literally walking into the house and never leaving again. Can I be honest and say I am just an animal lover in general? But I’ll always want a dog in my life.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
Ha, oh dear. How about the time a customer snapped at me over the phone in work and I cried for the next 2 hours? Or the time I was at uni and walking with Jason when my ankle just gave way and I hit the ground at the bottom of library hill in front of everyone? Or when I fell in the Student’s Union and couldn’t get back up I was laughing that hard? I couldn’t possibly just pick one!
- What’s your favourite TV Show?
Currently? Bridgerton. Binge-watched across 2 nights. Considering watching again already.
Of all time? We have to pick between Spooks, The Palace, I’m A Celeb, Saturday Night Takeaway, Silent Witness, Greys Anatomy and The West Wing. Oh! And The Umbrella Academy! I just love TV too much to pick one.
- When have you felt the proudest of yourself?
When I self published Calm By The Christmas Tree!
- What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?
Oh no, this one comes up that frequently that I can’t think! Can we go with that I listened to Taylor Swift for a grand total of 2,306 minutes spent listening to her? All Too Well was my song of the year on Spotify in 2020, and I was in the top 2% of her listeners this year… that’s crazy!
- Do you believe in aliens?
I believe that anything’s possible.
- What’s the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Pay off my credit card, buy my car outright, and put a deposit down on a house! But you can read the rest of what I would do if I won the lottery in my post all about it!
Thanks for the great questions Rebecca! I loved thinking about them. So now, onto Liz’s Sunshine Blogger Award Tag questions!
Liz’s Sunshine Blogger Questions
- What’s your biggest achievement in 2020?
Surviving it? No, to be honest, it’s a toss up between publishing my Blogmas ebook and Calm By The Christmas Tree. I was really pleased with myself for setting my mind on doing something and actually completing it.
- Why did you start blogging?
Because I read that it was a good way to make money. Well, I read that and thought “But why would I want to do that when I can use it to talk to like-minded people?”. I never got into blogging for the money, that was just how I discovered blogging. It was something I thought wouldn’t last – another creative outlet that would fizzle out when I got bored. And yet here we are, 6 years and 7 months later… a scary thought!
- What’s a series you can watch over and over again?
Oooooh probably The Palace or Grey’s Anatomy. I will be rewatching Bridgerton, and possibly The Umbrella Academy, but The Palace is one I could watch on repeat for months and not question it. In fact, I think I did that a few years ago…
- What’s the first thing you would do when this pandemic is over?
In an ideal world where I have loads of money I would visit every single one of my favourite restaurants in Northern Ireland, then jump on a plane to Scotland to see friends and family, before travelling down to England to meet Kayleigh. What am I more likely to do? Go out for a family meal, and sit and moan about how busy the place is!
- Would you rather live in a small town or in a big city?
Small town definitely. I love going to a big city and feeling the rush of being alone amongst a crowd of complete strangers. It’s exciting to think about what they’re all doing and their story, but I always like to return to a quiet small town where not much happens.
- Tell me about the latest book you’ve read
Well the last one I finished reading was Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares, but I’m currently reading Phillip Schofield’s Life’s What You Make It and loving every single letter of it.
- What lesson did you learn from 2020?
To not stress too much over making plans and setting goals. They might not happen, but life goes on. And that there is some good left in a world where the only stuff you see on general media is bad.
- How did you spend Christmas and how are you planning to spend New Year?
Christmas was spent in our house. Our care bubble with one granny, and social bubble with the other, meant it was just the 5 of us. It was a good laugh, and I think everyone had a good day! New Year was then spent playing board games, making our own cocktails, eating good food, and watching concerts on TV!
- What’s your favorite music genre?
According to Spotify, it’s dance pop. I just listen to anything really!
- If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?
OOoooh a tough one! A large part of me wants to say the Live Aid concert? Is that a strange one? I just think, all those incredible bands. I don’t like the idea of the size of the crowd, but how incredible would it be?
- Share a goal you have for 2021
One of my goals for 2021? Let’s go with a blogging one! I would love to increase the DA of this blog to 30, and get Christmas With Katie to a DA of 10!
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award Tag
I would like to nominate the below bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger tag.
Questions for You
- What are/were you most looking forward to in 2021?
- Which TV show have you been binge-watching recently?
- Who is one film/TV character you would love to spend a day or two with?
- Where were you when you first decided to start a blog?
- On a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?
- What, in your opinion, will finally break the internet?
- Which of your lockdown purchases has brought you the most joy?
- What is one childhood superstition or fear you’ve never told anyone?
- I’ve come to visit you! Where are we going or how will we spend the day?
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
- What secret obsession do you have that we don’t know?
So there you have it! Finally, the end of my Sunshine Blogger Award Tag. I hope you maybe learnt a little more about me today that you didn’t know before. And don’t worry, if I haven’t tagged you, you can still take part! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to stop by and read. Call back again soon for more ramblings of a so-called adult!