Hello everyone and welcome to my blog during my favourite time of the year, and the first day of Blogmas! Let me just say now, in case I accidentally offend anyone, I am a major fan of Christmas. Growing up in a religious family, I of course understand that it isn’t all about the aesthetics of it all, however I myself am not as religious as the rest of my family and so spend the Christmas period celebrating family and friendships. It’s this time of year that I like to take a step back from it all, or as much as I can considering there are exams to worry about, and thank whatever deity happens to exist, if one does exist. For my religious opinions, either ask me over on social media, or take a read through my posts in August 2015 after the death of a relative.
Wow that was slightly more morbid than it was supposed to be! Anyway, let’s get back to the festivities, shall we? Last year, I attempted to (and spectacularly failed at) posting a Christmas Songs Countdown. Well, it’s back for take two this year! Along side this, I will be partaking in Blogmas by blogging daily and sharing all sorts of Christmassy fun with you all. So, to get things started, in at number 25 we have Christmas Lights by Coldplay.
Personally, I wouldn’t have picked this song but that’s purely because I’m a big fan of the classic Christmas pop, or possibly a bit of Bublé, am I right?
RELATED: The Greatest Christmas Playlist
Today’s topic for the first day of Blogmas (I swear I will stop using this word, it doesn’t look real does it?) is 10 Things to do to give back this Christmas. As we all know, Christmas is a time of love and giving and so this year I have come up with ways to give back, even just making someone’s day brighter. I might even treat it as a challenge, see how many I do this festive season.
- Provide the homeless with a warm meal
- Donate unwanted clothes and blankets to the local charity shops
- Buy from the small, local shops instead of the large chains – even just your food for that day
- Simply hold the door open for at least one person.
- Give up a seat on the subway for someone who needs it more
- Buy the person behind you their coffee if the barista allows it
- Do the dishes or another chore for someone without being asked to.
- Spend time with your older relatives where possible
- Be kind to someone you dislike
- Offer to wrap presents for your friends/family
Of course, there are so many other ways to give back, there aren’t only 10. So what would you add to the list?
Have a wonderful 1st of December!
Considering taking part in Blogmas this year? Purchase my ebook – The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Blogmas! [AD] – for everything from content suggestions to planning help, to tips on promoting once you’ve clicked publish!