And with that, September is coming to an end! What a year 2020 has been though, am I right? A benefit of the year though – a silver lining if you will – was the chance to get to know some more incredible bloggers that I never would’ve met had I not been given the opportunity to work harder on my blog. One of those bloggers is @AndSmelly from Smelly Socks and Garden Peas, who has very kindly tagged me to take part in the Liebster Award tag!
Some of you may remember back in both 2016 and 2017 I was tagged to take part in the Liebster Award Tag, however if you weren’t around back then worry not! I’ve linked to my Liebster Award Tag posts from 2016 and 2017 so you can have a read!
The Liebster Award Tag is by bloggers for bloggers. The tag is a great way to “pay it forward” in the blogging community, encouraging other bloggers to keep discovering others in the wide world of the interwebs. Plus, it’s a great chance for you – the reader – to get to know a little more about the person behind the words.
The Liebster Award Tag Rules
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated/tagged you.
- Answer their 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to take part.
- Ask 11 questions of your own.
Wow, it seems the rules of the Liebster Award tag change every time I take part! Since I seem to have already thanked and linked to the blogger who nominated me, let’s dive right in to the question stage of the tag!
AndSmelly’s Questions with My Answers
- What’s your fantasy car?
Oh this is actually a really tough first question! My dream money-no-problem car would probably be a red open-top Porsche (don’t ask me makes or models, I don’t know these things). But my dream for-now-and-every-day driving I would love a classic Mini Cooper!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My procrastination skills. I could literally do everything other than the one thing I need to do and still not do that one thing. Is it a nervousness? A “you can’t tell me what to do” thing? Whatever it is, I feel guilty, but still can’t bring myself to do anything about it!
- What small thing are you proud of?
Publishing my Blogmas ebook and planner! [AD] Or maybe my weight loss… one of those two anyway!
- Show us a picture that makes you smile every time you see it.
Meet Baron – probably my best friend in the entire world, and he’s no longer here. So while this photo will always make me smile, it also makes me hurt at the same time if that makes any sense at all.
- When you retire, what would you like to do with yourself?
Oh wow that’s a long way off haha! But I would love to retire to the back end of nowhere – preferably with a view of the sea – and spend my days walking, cooking, reading, and just living at peace.
- Is idolising someone a good thing?
No. Y’know that saying “never meet your idols”? That’s why. We idolise people, and they almost never live up to our expectations. Which then makes us feel worse about ourselves, rather than acknowledging we’re all human with faults.
- What book from your childhood has stayed with you and why?
Mermaid Magic by Gwyneth Rees [AFF]. I don’t know, but I really connected with Rani, the main character, and it’s still my go to book to recommend to anyone with children between the ages of 7 and 10.
- How would you celebrate a big achievement?
Depends on the achievement to be honest! But most likely, with a tasty meal out somewhere and a bottle of bubbly.
- Do you have a favourite item of clothing, pair of shoes, or bag? what do you love about it?
Okay so I have a favourite green jumper that’s so out of shape and oversized now that it looks ridiculous. I also love all my Christmas jumpers, but then again, that’s because they’re Christmassy! But my favourite item of all time is the first Michael Kors handbag I ever bought myself. It’s black, and I bought myself it back in 2013 as an 18th birthday present to myself!
- What makes you sad?
Haha a lot of things! Death, TV shows, films, books… heck I even cried at an ad on tv the other day about wearing your masks or face coverings! I’m just an emotional person. I also can’t listen to certain songs while driving because even if they’re happy/upbeat songs, if I overthink the lyrics I could start crying and that’s not ideal while driving. One time I listened to Tiny Dancer by Elton John while driving to my guitar lesson and had to pull into a layby because I was crying. Not fun!
- Sea, lake, river, or canal?
All the above?! ALthough if I had to choose just one it would definitely be the sea. There’s something about the vastness that draws me in, kinda like space.
I would like to nominate…
1. Georgina at Culinary Travels
2. Shelly at Wander & Luxe
3. Josie at Business For Mums
4. Alice at Alice In Sheffield
5. HC at 360Mum
6. Grace at What To Watch
7. Katie at Five From The Swich
8. Jennifer at Monethalia
9. Claire at Stapo’s Thrifty Life Hacks
10. Rachel at Children of Wanderlust
11. Rhian at Budgeting and Saving
What’s your favorite thing about your current job?
1. What one word would you use to describe yourself?
2. Who do you most depend on in your life?
3. Where in the world would you move to right this second if money and family weren’t part of your considerations?
4. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. Who is one blogger you look up to?
7. What would your “perfect day” consist of?
8. Where was your first concert and who did you see?
9. Do you believe you should do one thing a day that scares you?
10. If you could relive one moment in your life, which would it be?
11. What’s your most controversial opinion?
And there you have it! The end of the Liebster Award Tag for 2020! Remember, you don’t have to wait to be tagged to take part – you can always take my questions and just do the post on your own! Or, if you don’t have time in your schedule right now, why not pin this post for later and take part at a later stage?