And as we get closer and closer to the big day, today I’m back with another Tag post! I love these tags!
Wow day 20 already? It’s so close! How are we all? Everyone in the Christmas Spirit? I’m excited to watch today’s Christmas Film! Shall we find out what it is? Continue reading “Blogmas Day 20”
After yesterday’s rather ranty post, today I wanted to be a little more lighthearted today! And do you know the funny thing? I spent about 20 minutes staring at that flashing cursor taunting me with the fact that my brain was blank. It’s weird whenever all you want to do is write but you can’t actually decide what to write. Continue reading “How Well Do You Know Me?”
What better way to try and get back into blogging than with a blogging tag? Today’s is the 50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked Tag! I was tagged by the lovely Melissa, and you can read her’s here! Similarly, if you don’t already follow Melissa you can read why you should now at this link –> Friday Favourites: Melissa.
Okay so I really have to apologise. Jordanne from The Life of a Glasgow Girl tagged me in this months ago… sorry! But I’m finally catching up with it all and here we go.
1. What’s your favourite movie?
I’ve so many that it’s hard to think on the spot, but I would have to go for The Lord of the Rings trilogy or The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea. Quite a difference, right?
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
Okay so I was about to say The King’s Speech until I realised that was actually released 6 years ago! So instead I would have to go for Captain Phillips. If you haven’t already seen it, it’s on Netflix and you have to watch it.
3. Favourite Hitchcock Film?
The Birds. I didn’t sleep for a week after watching it.
4. A book you plan on reading?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
5. A book that you read at school that positively shaped you?
None of the books I read at school ‘shaped me’ but I did love reading The Lord of the Flies. I’d already read it before but I loved it.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
Riverdale! Or Grey’s Anatomy… Or Nashville…. Or Designated Survivor… To be honest I love them all!
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
At the time of writing, I would say probably about 2 or 3 to be honest, but I’m working on that.
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
11. What’s your favourite food?
Kung Po Chicken with egg fried rice
12. Least favourite food?
Potatoes. Genuinely don’t like potatoes
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Unpopular opinion but pineapple! Or sweetcorn
14. Favourite drink?
Coke. I’m currently off a lot of stuff for Lent including fizzy drinks so this is a tough one.
15. Favourite dessert?
Sticky toffee pudding with honeycomb ice cream
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
17. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, no milk, no sugar, sometimes whiskey.
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
I’m not a mum yet so I’m not sure I can answer this one, but I feel like it would be watching them grow up.
19. What’s your favourite band?
ABBA. Or Westlife. I’m more of a solo artist fan!
20. Favourite solo artist?
Sam Smith or Ed Sheeran.
21. Favourite song?
At the minute? Nancy Mulligan. Normally, The Story by Sara Ramirez
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
My wrist. Already planned what it’ll be too! Just to book it…
25. To be or not to be?
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale watching definitely!
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
My dog, Baron.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
My sister’s 18th Birthday present – 18 small presents then a holiday to Lanzarote
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
Chocolates, a notebook, and handcream.
31. What’s your favourite board game?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
I’m not counting Northern Ireland as I frequently go there to see family, so Lanzarote!
34. What country do you wish to visit?
All of them!
35. What’s your favourite colour?
Blue or Purple
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds – I love anything sparkly
38. Heels or flats?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Bubble bath, book, and chocolate. Maybe also wine.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
Purple orchids or lillies
45. When was the last time you cried?
Haha just hours before writing this!
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes! Although I’ve been told it’s messy
47. Do you bake?
Yes, but not recently.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
My lack of self esteem or self confidence, whichever you choose.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
My loyalty to my friends.
50. Who do you miss most?
My dog. Why can’t he live with me??
51. What are you listening to right now?
Currently? I’m watching Twilight – please don’t judge me!
52. Favourite smell?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
Natural brunette, lighter than I currently am though.
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
My two grandas and Stella
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Winnie the Pooh
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
70. Favourite sound?
An orchestra warming up
71. Favourite animal?
TURTLE! Then penguins, then dogs.
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
Hi again everyone! How are you all doing at the minute? Now, some of you may remember I did this tag as part of my Blogmas 2016 series but I feel I didn’t give it my all. So when both Jordanne (The Life of a Glasgow Girl) and Jordan (Sweets and Mascara) tagged me in this (in her defence, Jordanne tagged me back in January and I finally got round to writing it last night) I jumped at the idea. Thank you girls!
What are the rules? I hear you asking – well let me get to them now!
- Thank the person who tagged you.
- Set yourself goals for the next year.
- Write how you’re going to achieve these goals.
- Tag at least 5 of your blogger friends to do this tag
- In 365 days write a post reflecting on your goals and what you achieved.
So part one is completed! Now to think of my goals…
- This time next year…. I will be happy being me.
I’ve spent so many years trying to change myself in the hopes of feeling better about me. So I’m going to spend the next 365 days learning to love me for me, and accepting my ‘quirks’.
- This time next year… I will be finishing up my undergraduate degree and getting ready for a postgrad!
I’m going to throw my heart and soul and every little bit of motivation I can scrape up into passing my exams and doing well over the next 365 days at university. Becoming a teacher has always been my dream but now I’m the only one standing in my way!
- This time next year… I will be more organised in my blogging.
I’m going to start properly planning my posts, get pictures taken in advance, and remember to actually promote my own work!
- This time next year… I will have rediscovered my love for music.
I used to love music and over the last few years I’ve let it slide. So over the next 365 days I will get back into playing either piano or guitar. Who knows, maybe I’ll start singing properly again??
And now onto the tagging! I would like to tag:
Now just to remember to write an update in a year’s time! Enjoy girls xx
Hiya everyone! I’m slowly getting round to getting some tags done! I was nominated by Jordanne from The Life of a Glasgow Girl (go check her out!) for this so thank you for that m’dear.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
So I’ve done the first part! And I guess this is the second part?
How my blog started
Okay, part of me loves this story and part of me hates it because it makes me sound like a loser. Basically, in my last few years of secondary school and college I had only one friend. She of course had a boyfriend and so there were plenty of times when I wished I could just talk to someone, anyone, about what I was thinking and how I was feeling. One night while my friend was out on her weekly date night, I was scrolling through Facebook and feeling rather sorry for myself, when I saw something about how to make money. It listed blogging as an option, and while the whole money aspect didn’t appeal to me, I decided that blogging sounded perfect for me! I could let out anything and everything, and it wouldn’t matter if no one ever read it.
My Advice for New Bloggers
Stay true to yourself. Whether you’re writing reviews, rambling, or whatever, as long as your writing comes from your heart and you’re passionate about it, people will want to read it! Be honest, be true, and you’ll do alright.
Interact with other bloggers! We’re a great community and we try to support each other as much as possible! Leave genuine comments (none of that ‘follow me back please’ nonsense), share each others’ posts, join in Twitter chats and just get chatty! Everyone has those moments of seeing two people talking about something they love and you’re questioning whether to jump in with your own thoughts – do it! What have you got to lose? I’ll be honest and say I’ve met one of my best friends ever through Twitter chats and my only regret is not getting involved sooner.
- Coffee Addict Mum
I’ll be commenting on their posts over the course of today. Thanks, as always, for reading!
Woo! Now who doesn’t love a bit of Disney? When Claire over at That Mumma Rocks tagged/nominated me in/for this particular tag, I genuinely got so excited about it! Combining two of my favourite things, this tag is perfect. Blogging+ Disney makes for a very happy Katie!
The rules? You simply answer the questions below, link to and mention the person who has tagged you (thank you once again Claire!) and then tag 5 more people to take part! Simple, right? You haven’t seen the questions yet…
1. Favourite Character – See what I mean about difficult questions? I’d have to go for Melody from The Little Mermaid: Return To The Sea
2. Favourite Princess – Ariel. Without a doubt, Ariel. Have you seen this woman/mermaid?
3. Favorite Heroine – I’m going for Mulan here. Has there ever been a better heroine?
4. Favoruite Prince – Without a doubt, Prince Eric. He has a dog! And a gorgeous castle by the sea.
5. Favourite Hero – Olaf. Some people are worth melting for.
6. Favourite Animal – Either Lady or Scamp. I adore Lady, but her troublesome son, Scamp, is all of us trying to find our place in life.
7. Favourite Sidekick – Pascal or Maximus…. They’re so perfect
8. Favourite Villain – Ursula
9. Favorite Original Character – Pluto
10. Favourite Love Song – I See The Light from Tangled
11. Favourite Song – You’ll Be In My Heart from Tarzan
12. Favourite Villain Song – Mother Knows Best from Tangled
13. Least Favourite Song – Little April Shower from Bambi
14. Favourite Kiss – Ariel and Eric when she can finally speak!
15. The First Movie You Saw – The Jungle Book
16. Favourite Classic – Lady and the Tramp
17. Song that always gets stuck in your head –When Will My Life Begin (maybe because this is my alarm at the minute)
18. Favorite Pixar Film – Up
19. Least Favorite Pixar Film – A Bug’s Life
20. Favorite Sequel – Either The Little Mermaid: Return To The Sea or Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp’s Adventure. OH! Or 102 Dalmatians! Waddlesworth is brilliant.
21. Overrated Movie – The Princess and the Frog
22. Underrated Movie – Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp’s Adventure
23. Movie That Makes You Laugh – The Lizzie Maguire Movie
24. Movie That Makes You Cry – Lilo and Stitch or Dumbo. Don’t split families up on me otherwise I will sob.
25. The Saddest Scene From Your Favorite Movie – When Nani and Lilo sit on the hammock the night before Cobra Bubbles comes to take Lilo away.
26. Saddest Death – Bambi’s mother.
27. Favourite Quote – “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all” from Mulan or “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” from The Lion King
28. Favourite Theme Park – Disneyland Paris! Although I’ve never been to the others
29. Favorite Theme Attraction – Pirates of the Carribean
30. Favorite Theme Park Show – Whatever it was at the end when I could’ve cried listening to I See The Lights. It was just incredibly moving.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading, feel free to comment below and let me know your favourites, even if I haven’t tagged you! I’d like to tag
I’ve noticed this tag doing the rounds again so was delighted when the lovely Cody nominated me to take part. You should honestly go check out her blog, it’s great!
The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows
- Thank the person who has nominated you for the award and post their link in this post
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300-word post about one of your favourite blogs that is not your own
- Post 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and provide links to them in your post
- Answer 10 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Ask your nominees 10 questions
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award
So firstly, a massive
to Cody for the chance to do this. As said above, head over to her blog and read her ten facts if you’d like to – https://codyeward.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/the-liebster-award/
One of my all-time favourite blogposts I have read has to be Anxiety and Me by Francesca over at Bella Momento. In this post, Francesca talked about her own experience with anxiety and I honestly could never imagine having the courage to post such a personal piece of writing. In fact, I’ll be honest and say that the first time I read this post, I ended up crying for her and just wanting to send a massive hug. There was one paragraph that really resonated with me, and reminded me that we often look for people who’ve gone through something similar to our situations. I love reading Francesca’s blog at the best of times but this really was one of my favourites. Be sure to go check her out!
Ten Random Facts:
- My top three tv shows at the minute are Grey’s Anatomy, The West Wing, and You Me Her.
- The one TV couple I will always love more than any other is Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey (Grey’s Anatomy)
- I have developed a hatred towards apples because when I was 7 my mum wanted me to lose weight so instead of toast every morning I ate an apple. While it did help with the weight loss, I grew to hate apples and still struggle to have more than a bite of one.
- One thing I can never say no to is sorbet, as long as it isn’t coconut.
- I’m that weird person who actually kinda likes the bounty sweets in the celebrations tub
- I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy in 2 months when I was 13 years old.
- The longest I’ve ever stayed awake is 52 hours and by the time I fell asleep I was close to tears I was that tired.
- I don’t get the hype about either the Kardashians (to the point I just googled how to spell their surname) or Beyoncé.
- My dream pet is a turtle or a penguin, however I’d simply settle for owning ever single type of dog.
- I can’t wait to finish at university and work towards becoming a teacher!
Questions from Cody
- What’s the best thing about your home town?
Haha anyone who knows Lisburn will know there’s nothing good about it, except that the cinema there is cheap as anything! I seriously resent paying £8 to see a film when it’s £4.50 at home.
- What do you want to be doing in 5 years time?
I want to be teaching in a primary school, and coming home to my own place.
- Who was/is your teenage crush?
Which one? I’d have to say either Emma Watson or Brittany Snow. But please don’t ask me to choose one of them!
- Who is your favourite novelist?
Robert Muchamore. The Cherub Series was my favourite book series ever and I’m heartbroken that I haven’t finished it yet! Might need to go find it…
- What’s your favourite thing about being a blogger?
I love having somewhere to come to and just say everything that’s going through my head, even if no one ever reads it.
- What mythical creature do you wish where real?
Definitely mermaids. I want to be a mermaid. Have you seen Ariel??
- Where’s your dream place to live?
Ibiza! Have you not read my post on my favourite place on earth?
- What’s your go to fashion item?
My jeans… I’m not much of a fashionista! Although, one accessory I couldn’t live without is my Michael Kors handbag. I bought it as a one-off treat to myself that I plan on having for years to come.
- Who would be your dream blogging collaboration? (brand or another blogger)
I’ll be honest and say I have actually no idea! There isn’t any particular person or brand, mainly because I never really thought about it or planned on any.
- Describe your style in 3 words?
Comfy, casual, and off-the-floor!
My nominees are:
My questions to you:
- What’s your favourite type of takeaway?
- Did you ever dream of changing your name, and if so what to?
- Do you believe in regretting things?
- How many pets have you owned in total?
- What made you start blogging?
- Who is one person you want to thank for being there for you?
- Where is your dream holiday location?
- What are your top three tv shows?
- If you won the lottery tonight, what would you spend it on?
- Who was your number one crush growing up?