As the title suggests, tonight I made brownies! Not only was it the first time I ever made brownies, it was the first time I have baked anything gluten free!
Nuala, one of the girls in my flat, can’t eat gluten and I wanted to bake something all of us could eat and so I borrowed her flour to make these. One thing I would do differently next time would be to add a small amount of coffee to the mix. Due to them being gluten free, they were a bit dry but this was easily sorted by serving with ice cream or a cup of decaf coffee – it was 8:30 pm afterall!
- 200g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g gluten free flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp cocoa
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 125mls milk
- 3 medium eggs
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate (in a microwave) or over a pan of simmering water stirring occasionally. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the flour,baking powder, cocoa and sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the dry ingredients, along with the melted chocolate mixture.
- Beat together untill thoroughly combined. pour mixture into a lightly greased and lined tin about 15cm(6inch) square tin and bake in a preheated oven
- bake for about 15-20 minutes at 180C/350fan/gas mark 5 until well risen and firm to touch. Allow to cool and cut into squares and enjoy!
Although Jason didn’t really like his, Nuala said they were good so I’ll take her word for it! I didn’t mind them but I know a normal brownie would’ve been nicer. We’ll have to wait for Mary to come home and try them!
Since the others are all out somewhere, I am currently blaring my music around the flat and singing along at full pelt so I will apologise if any of this doe’t make sense, it is very possible I have typed what I am singing!
Hope you all had a good day!
Thanks for reading!