Well I appreciate that title might sound rather sad, but today I’m here to share with you how you can cook yourself a roast dinner with all the trimmings, without have tonnes of leftovers!
I actually made this for Rachel and myself the night before her birthday, and I have decided to make it a Sunday tradition here in the flat by myself.
- oil or fry-light
- half an onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- half a leek, sliced
- 125g potato, cut into halves or quarters
- chicken breast
- 75ml chicken stock
- Stuffing mix
- Bisto granules
- Preheat your oven to 200C, or 180C if using a fan oven.
- Cook the stuffing mix according to the packet.
- Grease a roasting tin or pyrex dish with your oil or fry-light.
- Mix the potato, onion, leek, carrots, and herbs in more oil or spray with fry-light.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Nestle the chicken breast into the middle of the vegetables and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour your stock over the chicken and vegetables and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Make your gravy according to the packaging.
Serve as it is, or add a yorkshire pudding or more vegetables! There aren’t too many dishes from this either, which is just perfect.
Do you have any traditions you like to uphold?