Okay so I wasn’t really holding out much hope for this recipe when I started to cook it, but then I put it all together and oh. my. god. It was so so tasty! And when I finished it, I just had to come here and share the recipe with you.
It makes 6 servings, and is so filling I still can’t face the thought of food even 3 hours later!
- 180g baby spinach
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 198g brown rice
- grated cheddar cheese (up to you how much!)
- salsa (I buy the hot stuff but it’s up to you which!)
- Greek yogurt, fat free
- 6 whole grain tortillas or wraps
*Disclaimer – the original recipe I was following said to chop your spinach. I didn’t, I just left it whole. If you want to chop your spinach, feel free to!
- Cook your rice according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Spray some fry-light or pour a small amount of oil into the bottom of a large pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Cook the beans and spinach in this pan for 3-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Drain off any liquid that has come out.
- Heat up the wraps or tortillas according to their packaging. For one wrap (all that I needed) I heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Split the spinach and beans evenly among the 6 wraps (roughly 80g per person if you want to weigh it).
- Add the rice on top of the spinach and beans (roughly 62 grams per wrap)
- Plate up, and let everyone help themselves to the salsa, greek yogurt, and grated cheese!
There you have it! A quick and easy dinner, ready in about 20 minutes! So you can easily feed the family quickly after work, or between those after school activities. Personally, I made myself that one portion and then have bagged and frozen the remaining portions of beans, spinach, and rice. Now, I have 5 meals ready to eat at any stage! Who says food has to be difficult?
As always, let me know if you try the recipe, if you like it, or if you make any changes to the recipe! I look forward to hearing your suggestions.