Hello again everyone! How are you all doing?
I was dozing off last night when I realised it’s been almost a fortnight since I was snapchatting about the dinner I made for my friends, and I forgot to share with you how to make it. This is one of my favourite meals for at this time of year. Considering I’m not a fan of stews, Mum always made this for me and Rachel as an alternative and it has now become a top dinner in the flat. Just realised I haven’t shared what it is with you! Chicken, chorizo and chickpea casserole. It’s simple to make and you can change things up if you want.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500g chicken thighs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- glass of red wine
- 275g chorizo, chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 200ml chicken stock
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Heat half the oil in a large pan. Lightly brown the chicken thighs before removing them from the pan and keeping them warm somewhere – I tend to put them in the oven at the lowest temperature possible.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan, before adding the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and chilli. Cook this for approximately 5 minutes. Add a splash of your red wine (but not all of it!) and simmer until reduced by a half.
- While doing this, in another pan heat the rest of the oil and fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the rest of the glass of wine and cook until the chorizo is crisped.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into pan containing the vegetables and bring to the boil for 5 minutes. Add in the chicken stock and return to the boil.
- Now add your chicken, chickpeas and chorizo and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with chopped parsley and crusty bread!
The ingredients above serve for 4 people. It’s really easy to cook, and can appear so impressive!
Let me know if you make it and what you think of it! Have a great weekend!