Hello again everyone! I interrupt my newly organised schedule to bring you Girl Power – The 5 W’s!
I’m going to post about this amazing new group of friends that I’ve made in the last 2 days but in the mean time, here’s Nusha’s post about us all!
The Clothing Edit
Now, I can never pack light for going to university. Every time I travel between Lisburn and Glasgow, I have to book myself as a foot passenger on the boat and bus just so that I can pack as much into my case and hand luggage as is physically possible. So, as many people start the journey to uni once again in the upcoming weeks, I thought I would share with you my top 10 wardrobe items that I can’t survive without.
- Jeans. I live in my jeans. They can be dressed up with a pair of heels and a nice top for a night out, or they can be dressed down with an oversized jumper for those lazy days in the flat.
- A rain coat. If you’re at university in the UK, then you know as well as I do that the weather can change at the drop of a hat. I always have my pack-a-mac in my bag just to be safe!
- A hoodie or fleece. It can get very cold during the winter when you can’t afford heating. As many layers as possible is a must so why not pick your favourite hoodie that can easily be thrown on over pjs or actual clothes?
- Leggings. Like jeans, these can be worn for almost any type of day you may encounter! I like wearing them instead of my jeans around the flat every now and again, just as something different. Or, you can wear them with heels and a sparkly top for a night out! Mine tend to be worn the most for exercise – they were perfect for Irish dancing!
- Fluffy pjs – again, it can get so cold that these will be fab. The night I walked home alone in February, slipping into my cosy fluffy pjs was the best feeling ever.
- Trainers or other comfy shoes. If you’re going to be walking a lot, these are an essential.
- A nice dress/shirt – depending on your preference! I have one dress that I love to wear, even if it is a bit washed out now! It’s been worn to Wine Tasting society meetings, club nights, formal dinners, I can’t get enough of it!
- High heels – I can’t walk in my heels, but I always have one pair to go with anything. They’re useful even just for an interview or something like that!
- Sweatpants. Trust me when I say you will want something to just slip into on a wet Sunday afternoon. You don’t ever have to leave the house in them, but they’re great to have handy.
- An interview outfit. Unless you’ve got money put away, or your parents are helping you through uni, you will most likely need to get a part time job to subsidise your student loan. If you have an interview outfit already sorted in your mind, this will take some of the stress out of your morning!
So there you have it! My top 10. What would you add or take off the list?