Today I wanted to write a different kind of post. One that thanks someone who has really supported me recently, especially with these resits and everything else that’s been going through my mind. 1 Week Mary, I can’t actually thank you enough.
Thank you. Between your comments, advice and tweets, you’ve kept me going through the last lot of days. You somehow seem to know exactly what to say and when, and always manage to get me to smile – regardless of how my day’s going. You’re incredible at writing posts, too. They’re written so well and it’s clear that you’re interested in each one you write. With the perfect balance of humour, your posts provide a great place to come and read for a while, to forget any negativity, and restart my efforts with a new-found energy. I don’t know how you do it!
Your positivity shines through all your words, whether on Twitter or on your blog, and helps lift those of us who have the pleasure of talking with you. Even just these little conversations during BeeChat inspired me to keep going!
So, to finish off, thank you for all your support and for inspiring me to keep going. Keep up your amazing work!
If you don’t already, please consider giving 1weekmary.com a read and/or follow! It’ll honestly be one of the best decisions you make today.
There’s always one of those days when you just want to be a child again and forget your responsibilities. Here’s a list of 25 songs that take me back to a time when life was easier and instantly perk up my mood! These are in no particular order.
- Rock DJ – Robbie Williams https://youtu.be/BnO3nijfYmU
- Everytime We Touch – Cascada https://youtu.be/4G6QDNC4jPs
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon https://youtu.be/gnhXHvRoUd0
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancing – Scissor Sisters https://youtu.be/4H5I6y1Qvz0
- Whenever, Wherever – Shakira https://youtu.be/weRHyjj34ZE
- Mr Brightside – The Killers https://youtu.be/gGdGFtwCNBE
- It Wasn’t Me – Shaggy https://youtu.be/CMWWVhJ7RF0
- Reach – S Club 7 https://youtu.be/50kP4S0peAs
- A Thousand Miles – Vanessa Carlton https://youtu.be/Cwkej79U3ek
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay https://youtu.be/dvgZkm1xWPE
- I Kissed A Girl – Katy Perry https://youtu.be/tAp9BKosZXs
- Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson https://youtu.be/R7UrFYvl5TE
- Ain’t No Other Man – Christina Aguilera https://youtu.be/8x7Ta89QLo4
- Hey, Soul Sister – Train https://youtu.be/kVpv8-5XWOI
- Teenage Dirtbag – Wheatus https://youtu.be/FC3y9llDXuM
- Mambo Number 5 – Lou Bega (although this is where I first heard it) https://youtu.be/EK_LN3XEcnw
- Mysterious Girl – Peter Andre https://youtu.be/iqIq4B1rgl4
- Uptown Girl – Westlife https://youtu.be/4sGZR7DsgWg
- Year 3000 – Busted https://youtu.be/Tu7HoGZaspo
- It’s All About You – McFly https://youtu.be/IAtIiSMrmaA
- Can’t Fight The Moonlight – LeAnn Rimes https://youtu.be/bx3s99FNXzI
- The Ketchup Song – Las Ketchup https://youtu.be/5llcBScGuAE
- C’est La Vie – B*witched https://youtu.be/UvjLgjtJKsc
- We’re Going To Ibiza – Vengaboys https://youtu.be/gfwNvfX5Aic
- Relight My Fire – Take That https://youtu.be/oKNdpMqrtJA
Hope these songs make your day a little brighter! They’ve certainly helped with my revision recently, maybe they’ll help you get through the mundane tasks of the day.
Having had a few days of not a lot of blogging, I decided to make a list of the 10 things I wish I’d known at the start of blogging.
- Twitter is your friend. There are so many amazing bloggers out there who can support you in every little thing. Sometimes you find these amazing people completely accidentally and find yourself getting really excited when they simply like one of your posts – this person is the one you owe a lot to. Be their friend and support them back in whatever way you can.
- It’s okay to not post daily. I struggle to actually post daily, sometimes I remember to schedule posts, other times I’m so far behind posting that I feel guilty for not being online 24/7. This guilt is completely unjustified.
- You don’t need to have a specific genre of a blog. Yes, it’s great to be so invested in a specific type of blogging but this doesn’t mean you can’t diversify and cover a wide range of things! Take a look at me, I review things, post ramblings, and rarely ever branch into fashion or beauty. I suppose you could say that I do have a genre then, but it’s an open one – one in which I can be as diverse as I want!
- Followers will stay if you disappear for a while. Everyone needs time off. I took a year away from the blog and came back to still find I had followers! This was great motivation to continue.
- Your statistics will fluctuate a lot, unless of course you’re a professional blogger, and this is 100% okay. Even last week, I went from 59 views one day, to 6 a few later.
- Scheduling Tweets makes life so much easier. Got a post that didn’t get as much attention as you think it deserved? Get it back out there! I use Hootsuite and its so easy to use. You should consider it!
- Try and have your photos preprepared for any posts that might need them. Pictures really liven up your blog and so having them handy is always a help.
- If you’ve got a list of blogging ideas, you don’t need to worry about writers block. I try and keep a list on either my phone or laptop as these are the 2 things I have near me when blogging.
- Join as many chats and groups as possible, through whatever platforms you can! There are always great people out there to give advice on anything and everything blog related.
- Blogging is addictive. Once you get the bug for it, it takes over a lot! So enjoy it and always hold onto the reasons why you started blogging.
Any other advice? Good luck to anyone just starting out!