Hello! A quick update to let you know, lifewithktkinnes is live on Facebook! Head over there and send me a friend request to keep even more up to date with daily life. Name is Kt Kinnes, come join us!
I’d really appreciate any shares, likes or follows anyone wants to give me!
Thanks in advance,
Hello lovely friends! Another week has come to a close and once again I find myself on WordPress to keep you all informed on the exciting ins and outs of my life.
This week I decided to rearrange my bedroom and so I can now actually do more than one thing at a time in my room if I wanted to. We continued to learn new steps to new dances in Irish Dancing and for the first time ever I didn’t have sore legs come Wednesday morning. Wednesday’s presentation went well I feel but we’ll find out about that on Wednesday this week. This was followed by the last practical lab of the semester (thank goodness…) and I feel it wasn’t a complete disaster. However I now need to have a presentation prepared for Wednesday afternoon on some telescope I wrote a paper on months ago. Still don’t actually know anything about it. Afterwards, was a quick dash home to change top and shoes to meet Iona for dinner at the taco place at the bottom of the street before we went to GULGBTQ+’s Women’s Week event. It was a great night and resulted in Jason bringing back his current flame – surprise surprise. Although we like Daniel so this is fine. I’ll tell you about him another time.
Thursday and today have been purely essay writing and getting some work done as we approach the end of the semester – better late than never, right? Except I’ve now been distracted by the thoughts of Rachel’s upcoming 18th birthday. When I say upcoming, it’s not until September bus this is a big year for birthdays and so I want to be ahead of the game. I’ve decided to go for the stereotypical present of 18 gifts but I’m stuck on the last few ideas. At least I’ve a while to think them up, however any suggestions would be appreciated! So fat the ideas are:
- scrapbook of pictures and memories – I’ll write messages and add all the pictures I can find since she’s always complained her baby book was never filled in.
- Jar of notes for “When you…” – I got this idea from a friend’s valentine’s day present years ago. Rachel did something similar for her boyfriend but it was a Dates Jar with ideas of what to do on dates. So mine will be little notes of encouragement, memories, tips and advice.
- A book of some sort. Whether this is an age specific one or what I have no idea but since she’s living at home for yet another year I don’t really want to get her a survival book. Someone somewhere suggested ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’ so I’m going to look into that!
- her favourite chocolates – after eights or creme eggs
- hangover kit – she can now legally drink! So of course this means she’ll actually experience a hangover now.
- CD with 18 songs on it – songs either that she loves or have some relevance to the two of us.
- some sort of jewellery – my typical present. Not sure what we’re going for this year.
- Alcohol. Another stereotypical present for an 18 year old in the UK.
- ‘Smuggle your booze’ hairbrush – its a hipflask disguised as a hairbrush! What’s not to love?
- Onesie of some sort.
- Places I’ve Been map
- tickets for either a holiday, a concert, rugby membership for the year or something. This will be the main present and so I don’t want to spend a fortune on the rest of the presents but we’ll see how it goes.
This is all I’ve got so far so I’m sure you can tell I need another 5 ideas. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you get up to! I’ll be sitting thinking up ideas instead of working and wishing certain people weren’t in Edinburgh.
<a href=”http://www.blogarama.com”><img src=”http://www.blogarama.com/images/button.gif” alt=”Blogarama – The Blog Directory” /></a>